"Whoosh" sound when stepping on brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
yes use the brake booster for your model truck,,should be plenty in the wrecking yards,,,a lil word of wisdom,,,
Brakes are NOT the area to skimp on money wise, buy the absolute best parts your budget will allow,,,
NEVER get a master cylinder from a wrecking yard,,brake booster is ok, although ideal situation is a new one, with a warranty.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's your brake booster that's bad..mine did the sane thing..changed it with a junk yard booster (20$) and could throw you threw the windshield afterwards

Tapatapatalk

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
The one on Anzio are the exact ones I had. Made by eagle eye. If not they are damn close. The stupid pricks that stole them forgot to get the third brake light though

Edit: sorry wrong thread.

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
If you are parked and idling, press the brakes hard. If the truck idles up, misses or acts funny then it's the booster. It's basically the same as unhooking the vacuum line to the booster. The whoosh is the booster allowing bypass resulting in no vacuum, same as unhooking the line. If not then it's the master cylinder.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
If you are parked and idling, press the brakes hard. If the truck idles up, misses or acts funny then it's the booster. It's basically the same as unhooking the vacuum line to the booster. The whoosh is the booster allowing bypass resulting in no vacuum, same as unhooking the line. If not then it's the master cylinder.

My truck does this. It idles up like a hundred or so rpm and kinda "thumps" out the exhaust, I'm guessing missing. Guess my brake booster needs replaced. Thanks!