Whipple Pulley Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97VortecChevy

Reaction score
i do like that setup, when this one goes i'll be doing a LS swap for sure..What kind of numbers did you put down on that old setup Whipped96 ?

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never had it on a dyno.
It went 13.2 or 13.4 (can't remember) in the 1/4 but it never really made a good pass. I took it to the track one time with the intercooler and the next day pulled everything out.

97VortecChevy

Reaction score
I'm guessing that's about were I will be. Mine is a standard cab short bed. With 5# of boost it Put down 324rwhp and close to 450 in tq through stock transmission and 3:42 gears..getting my trans built and a 2400 stall right now

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 C1500 with the 5.7 vortec and one of those side mounted Whipples. I have a 3" pulley on there right now and I believe people use the 2.75 to get a little more boost ? Where can you find one of these pulleys? And is it correct you'd have to run some type of water/meth injection if you run the smaller pulley?

Is this the correct pulley for this charger ?

http://jonbondperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_50_53_317&products_id=177

When I had the truck dyno'd it put down 324rwhp at 5# of boost through a stock transmission so just curious how muck more it would make with a smaller pulley
Its been a long time since i looked for a whipple supercharger for my 97 because i could never find anything.
Where did you find yours?