Whipple Pulley Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97VortecChevy

Reaction score
I have a 97 C1500 with the 5.7 vortec and one of those side mounted Whipples. I have a 3" pulley on there right now and I believe people use the 2.75 to get a little more boost ? Where can you find one of these pulleys? And is it correct you'd have to run some type of water/meth injection if you run the smaller pulley?

Is this the correct pulley for this charger ?

http://jonbondperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_50_53_317&products_id=177

When I had the truck dyno'd it put down 324rwhp at 5# of boost through a stock transmission so just curious how muck more it would make with a smaller pulley

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
More yet if you can intercool the thing. I want to say somewhere on the order of 10hp/# of boost for boost/power increases.

94OldRed

Reaction score
You definitely need to get the truck retuned with the smaller pulley. Fueling requirements might change. Also, I don't think those kits were intercooled, correct? Heat is the enemy. Once you get out of the 5-6psi safe range, you risk higher IAT's which could lead to some detonation. Water/meth definitely wouldn't be a bad choice if you're gonna pulley down.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is how I ran mine.
Stock 305, marine intake, 60lb injectors, 1.6L Whipple, 2.75 pulley, A/W intercooler, 0411 PCM, and meth kit.
Probably other stuff I've forgotten....

You must be registered for see images attach

94OldRed

Reaction score
This is how I ran mine.
Stock 305, marine intake, 60lb injectors, 1.6L Whipple, 2.75 pulley, A/W intercooler, 0411 PCM, and meth kit.
Probably other stuff I've forgotten....

Nice set up!