Which truck to keep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After looking over this thread, I believe you did the right thing. The microtruck brought way more money than it should have and it had enough miles that it likely would have cost you before much longer. The 400 is a very sought after flavor and will only go up in value from this point. As you have pointed out, once the cooling issue is settled you can do the rest of its fixes over time and use it for "truck stuff" in the meantime. Good plan and you will have a lot more truck at the end of it all, along with the plus factor of keeping your granddad's truck. That truck will be hauling stuff long after many of today's rolling brothel trucks hit the scrapyard.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
And someday pass it along to your kids! I got a truck from my grand dad, 1970 c10 6cyl manual, originally a Mississippi game and fish commision truck. Only had two options, disc brakes and posi rear. I eventually gave it to my younger brother and he sold it! Wish I had kept it. I went with him and grandma to buy it when I was about 12 years old.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Or buy a Saturn sl from late 90’s early 2000’s they get great gas mileage 30’s higher with 4cly vs 6cly. especially if you get a stick and they mostly plastic but shop for a good since not to cost more on the backend of getting one!! And you’d be staying with a gm product also and use same headlight bulbs as 400’s do 9006 so that’s a bonus too!
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I owned 3 of em all different years and configurations but all had in common was great lil cars!!! Not bad in Snow either but won’t get you though a snowstorm lol but a great alternative vs foreign rides Chevy cruise’s are great lil cars too with manual transmission and I think they look great for a economy car!!

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on keeping it for a very very long time. One day I would like to repaint it. Gonna practice on the honda...the paint is absolute terrible but the inside is all there and very clean.

You must be registered for see images

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooh, a coupe. My wife had an '00 Accord sedan. It was a great car - it had the V6. When we got rid of it, it was so fully ragged out that we just donated it to charity.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ooh, a coupe. My wife had an '00 Accord sedan. It was a great car - it had the V6. When we got rid of it, it was so fully ragged out that we just donated it to charity.

So far I have enjoyed the gas mileage...had my first issue...saw "smoke" from under the hood when I got home yesterday..saw oil all over the bottom...couldn't find the leak. Got to work this morning had tons of "smoke"..Upper radiator hose sprung a leak...hopefully this is what has been leaking blowing all over motor and "washing" oil down. 14 dollar radiaotr hose and I can swap it out on a 15 minute break lol.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really glad I kept the truck...drove it to work for the first time this morning...besides no ac and needing brakes due to "warped" rotors the truck made the 45 mile drive with no issues.