Which heads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koke

Reaction score
Well heres the down low. i built a new block, .10 bore, new rods, crank, EDL-2102 cam, other than that internals are stock. i have done the Tbi mod have headers and 2 1/2 true dual exhaust, edelbrock preformer intake with the 454 style adapter. my question is i have a set of good casting 305 heads that are rebuilt or stock Tbi heads????? :think: any help would be greatly appreciated!!

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have read somewhere that the heads a lot of TBI people take are the TPI heads...from the older 3rd gen camaro/firebird. I know Vortec heads can be used, but that requires a lot of work, or a expensive intake.

I am looking for a set of those TPI heads myself. I am not sure if using 305 heads on a 350 is a good plan or not though, but I know they made a 350 TPI also.

Good luck, let me know what you choose...

Shawn

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would not use 305 heads. They add some compression to your engine, but your valve size has to be smaller and your valves are more shrouded. I would just rebuild the 350 TBI heads. They can be made to flow decent.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would just have the 350 heads reworked, do some polishing on the ports and maybe a bit of porting and call it done, they are good for down low torque and MPG,.

koke

Reaction score
ok i'll go that route than, gasket match the heads, grade 8 head studs, and maybe 5-7 pounds of boost? i was looking into a 3 bar map sensor and having a chip burned, any one disagree?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will probably want to have someone burn chips for it in person

koke

Reaction score
yea i was talking to the guy from Harrison performance, any knowledge of his work? and i took a measurement of the 305 heads and i measured 1.8 intake and 1.5ex which i dont think is to bad right? i just cant let a decent set of heads that have a new valve job go to waste (derby car maybe haha) also going to swap to a NV3500 instead of the L60, have went through three of them with the 33's

koke

Reaction score
and EBL? like megasquirt? because i have thought about it a few times, (no emissions in montana) had to ditch the EGR with the preformer EMS intake

koke

Reaction score
just went to the shop and got the casting number 14014418, there 1.84intake 1.5 exhaust, 58cc chambers, and hardened seats, on my motor the compression would be 10.1:1-10.3-1, the make is 80-84.....any comments or just ditch them? lol