Where is my coolant going?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I filled the coolant and went on a 4 hour trip and now the resivour is empty. What's with this? There are no visible leaks on the front of the motor and I haven't checked the back if the motor. What could it be? Intake gaskets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Intake gaskets or a leak thats drying/evaporating so fast it doesn't hit the ground.

Since you're running your truck that long, you may be burning the water out of the oil, if it's the gaskets. In that case your oil level won't increase much, but it will start to get sludgy/slimy......you may get what kind of looks like black snot on the dip stick, especially if the oil gets low.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Also check the coolant quick connect on the rear passenger side of the motor. The aluminum rots and you develop a small leak that runs down the backside of the motor.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I looked today and it seams to leak up by the radiator do radiators leak?

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
What is this hoes that's cut off for?

You must be registered for see images attach

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I just bought a radiator today for 120 should I try putting this in my self or get it done by someone?