where does this random wire go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As the title says: Where does this random wire go? I found the wire w/ the big eyelet when I replacing the hood light. It comes out of a larger harness along the backside of the engine. Vehicle is a 1999 Suburban K1500 LT 5.7L. It's about 3in short of reaching the hood light stud, can reach if pulled from the loom. I don't notice any open mounting locations.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
As the title says: Where does this random wire go? I found the wire w/ the big eyelet when I replacing the hood light. It comes out of a larger harness along the backside of the engine. Vehicle is a 1999 Suburban K1500 LT 5.7L. It's about 3in short of reaching the hood light stud, can reach if pulled from the loom. I don't notice any open mounting locations.

That looks like a ground wire too me. Maybe you already figured that. I don't know where it's supposed to go... could be to the body, or to the engine, I suppose. Do you happen to have any weird electrical problems?

I'll be interested to hear the answer.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I think he's talking about the wire with the plastic plug on it

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think he's talking about the wire with the plastic plug on it
That looks like its plugged in where it should be. I think hes referring to the eyelet that has a wire but isnt hooked to anything.

Touch it to bare metal and see if it sparks when everything is running. If so, its a hot wire. If not, its probably a ground.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like its plugged in where it should be. I think hes referring to the eyelet that has a wire but isnt hooked to anything.

Touch it to bare metal and see if it sparks when everything is running. If so, its a hot wire. If not, its probably a ground.
Or bust out the multi-meter if you're not feeling reckless...

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a ground that connects on the back of the passenger head, kind of near where the transmission dipstick turns down at the firewall . It’s circled in green. The wire comes from the main harness that runs over the top of the intake, it has the blue arrow to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

yes the eyelet, it is a ground wire

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
which wire??? the ground strap? eyelet? or the connector?

1st post
As the title says: Where does this random wire go? I found the wire w/ the BIG EYELET when I replacing the hood light. It comes out of a larger harness along the backside of the engine. Vehicle is a 1999 Suburban K1500 LT 5.7L. It's about 3in short of reaching the hood light stud, can reach if pulled from the loom. I don't notice any open mounting locations.