Where can i find a new BAP sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ive called all my parts stores and looked online but cannot seem to find one for my 1995 anywhere, is this a part i have to get from a dealership? Thanks!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It's probably because you're calling a BAP sensor instead of a MAP sensor.... they simply don't don't know what you're after.

I had never heard of a BAP sensor before this thread. Googling tells me that it's the same thing, and possibly only a Ford term, as the example I found was Mustang related.

Reaction score
No it is a bap sensor... Barometric air pressure sensor. Commonly abbreviated as bap sensor. I had an engine code 32, the description for this code is barometric pressure sensor circuit fault.

Reaction score
It's probably because you're calling a BAP sensor instead of a MAP sensor.... they simply don't don't know what you're after.

I had never heard of a BAP sensor before this thread. Googling tells me that it's the same thing, and possibly only a Ford term, as the example I found was Mustang related.
Funny how i have a check engine code that specifically refers to it then. Code 32

Reaction score
Another important bit of info is i have already gotten code 33 (map sensor) and replaced the part, these are individual parts

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
32 is a sensor circuit fault
33 is a high signal

Your BAP sensor is more commonly referred to as a MAP sensor. The parts stores don't know what you're looking for because of the terminology you are using, just as I didn't, until I Googled it.

Given the two codes, it sounds like it's possibly a wiring issue rather than a sensor issue.