Wheel Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lewis1129

Reaction score
I'm got a 91 c1500. Does anybody know of any 5 lug 16 or 17 inch factory wheels. I know our trucks didn't come with them, but are there any common pull offs that would work. Reason I'm asking is my neighbor is a GM mechanic and can get me free pulloff tires from the dealer. I know Jeep is the same bolt pattern but that's about all I can find. Seems the 5x5 pattern is actually kinda rare. Just trying to find something to throw on it so I can take advantage of some free tires.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tahoe Limited - 16x7, 5x5 bolt pattern. Not easy to find just anywhere, though. There's a wheel refurb company out there claiming to have stock (Detroit Wheel) for $150/ea, not a bad price (it is a good looking wheel) but beware that typically refurb wheels don't come with center caps, so ask 'em.

You'd be better off spending a few bucks on some low-cost steel 16's like a Cragar Soft 8 or D-Window, they're like $70ish each brand new.

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Mid-'90's Impala SS wheels are 5x5 in a 17". The stock size tires that came on the Impala's are 255/50. They're too small for our trucks. Need to move up to 255/60 or 275/55 which are very close to the original 235/75-15's diameter.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ohhh yeah. Dunno how I forgot about Impala SS wheels, since I ran them on my '92 for a while!

Bad offset for extremely lowered trucks, though. Anything more than a 2/4 and you'll have to run an itty bitty front tire. With my drop, the factory Impala SS size of 255/50/17 was perfect for the rear.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard