wheel back spacing questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96sierrass

Reaction score
Hey guys I found a set of grand sport vette wheels I want to put on my truck, and I found the right adaptors I just don't know what thickness I need. The back spacing on the vette wheels is 6.8 inches, they are 9.5 wide and 18s. I'm planning on lowering the truck with either a 3/5 drop or a 4/6 I'm not sure yet. Help will be greatly appreciated!

maroon88iroc

Reaction score

96sierrass

Reaction score
Yeah I haven't either, kinda ify on trying to go through them, do you think two inch spacers will be too much?

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
Yeah I haven't either, kinda ify on trying to go through them, do you think two inch spacers will be too much?

IDK man, I am going to test fit some of my C5 wheels tonight so I can let you know what I come up with. I was going to test fit some CCW's and some OEM C5 corvette magnessium wheels. the only thing I am concerned about is SewLow58 told me most spindles push the front wheels out 1/2" unless I buy DJM spindles which are about $50 more than a few other companies spindles.

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
Alrighty man sounds good let me know

I didn't get out to the shop last night to play with the wheels. I'm not sure I will have time tonight or not but I will definitely post up my results when I get them. I am thinking it will be somewhere in the 1.5" range

96sierrass

Reaction score
That's a relief, I really didn't want to get spacers from that site, sounds good man!

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
hey bud I got out there last night and messed around with my CCW's on the truck. Unfortunately I am going to have to ditch this idea b/c the tires are TINY for the truck and I really do not want to be swapping tires on my CCW's bc we have no good tire shops around here, I have had issues with other wheels getting cracked or scratched.

The other bad news is the CCW's have no offset marked on them that I could tell, but I can tell you 2" will definitely be too much it looked alot closer to 1.5". But again this doesnt help much considering the wheels have no offset marked on them. Sorry man, I really wish I could have got these to work but I guess I will be going with some 20" 5x5 wheels instead.