Whats the real deal with "leveling keys"????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that thing looks awesome what size rims 17s? and to the OP ive run 35s on my truck slight crank and no rubbing on a factory rim right now im running 33 12.5 17s on 17x9 procomp rims with what i think a 4.5" bs so i had to max my bars out so they wont rub but my plan is do to a rcx and leave it about 5 inch

Thank you!

yes, these are 17" Mickey Thompson rims - off the top of my head they are either 5" or 5.5" backspace (doesn't stick out too far, looks good IMHO).

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Now tire price, are you serious? last i checked 35's were around $230-250 and up, maybe a tad cheaper, and from what I've seen 285's are very close to the same price, however that is for a 35 inch 15 inch wheel not a 16, and from what I've seen 16 inch tires cost more then 15's.

Yes they are expensive, im also in canada. All my buddies go to the states to get their tires but can have a hell of a time getting them back. I do not plan on buying tires used cause its not worth it unless they are 90% plus tread and a good deal. http://tires.canadiantire.ca/en/tir...82847P/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko/2080947/ check them apples out. Not to mention thats only an AT tire not even a mudder, I cant imagine what a nitto would go for. And its all you get what you pay for, if you buy a cheap 35 chances are its not going to last as long or be as strong. So at $400 a tire ill pass a 6inch lift. 4inch rcx and 285s is music to me. Or ill get a 6inch and decrank, but whats the point if ill never run 35s?[/QUOTE]

where in canada are you from?

I'm suprised that a body lift hasnt been mentioned yet, a 3" body with a bit of crank and block, aal, bags, mabye even nothing in the rear and you can run 35's

I had a body lift and sold it because at the time i was saving for a 6"rcx (the 6" and 4" are the same lifts just you crank for the 6" and put an extra block in the back) but I decieded against it as soon as I priced out tires

for 1350$ i was able to put new 285 duratracks on and dont regret it in the least.

-just some info about running 35's (if you were still thinking about it)-

you will notice worse mileage and less power without a regear, 3.73 gears are pushing it for 33's
some guys run em on stock gears but its harder on the driveline
regearing is an easy 1k for us canadians

here is my truck leveled (1.5" block and crank to match) it dosent ride as rough at our old 1 ton fords

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
+1 on the gears...i'm running 33's on 3.73's and it can get really tough at higher elevation and long vertical climbs on the highway.

If you bumped to 35's, I would seriously consider a gear change.