Whats the real deal with "leveling keys"????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheClev.z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got 285/75/16 with nothing at all. No crank. No lift. I'm not sitting level. Low in the front. But not for long. I'll be cranking level here in the next day or two

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So everyone is saying to go with a 6 inch lift and decrank. I will never run 35s cause the tires are just too much money, I will always run 285s so what's the problem if I run a 4inch lift as is?

Studio54

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So everyone is saying to go with a 6 inch lift and decrank. I will never run 35s cause the tires are just too much money, I will always run 285s so what's the problem if I run a 4inch lift as is?

its the same kit as the RCX, just not cranked. So you will be fine.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Here is what a truck looks like with 4.5" of lift on 285's

I have a RCX 6" lift, which I believe gave me about 5.5" of lift...i then decranked my tbars to lower the truck...so I'm about 4.5" up over stock

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

that thing looks awesome what size rims 17s? and to the OP ive run 35s on my truck slight crank and no rubbing on a factory rim right now im running 33 12.5 17s on 17x9 procomp rims with what i think a 4.5" bs so i had to max my bars out so they wont rub but my plan is do to a rcx and leave it about 5 inch

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the rcx kit is the same 4 or 6, the others most likely the same way, buy if for 6 and crank to get it, most are only 4-5 drops anyways the rest is up to you up or down.

Now tire price, are you serious? last i checked 35's were around $230-250 and up, maybe a tad cheaper, and from what I've seen 285's are very close to the same price, however that is for a 35 inch 15 inch wheel not a 16, and from what I've seen 16 inch tires cost more then 15's.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now tire price, are you serious? last i checked 35's were around $230-250 and up, maybe a tad cheaper, and from what I've seen 285's are very close to the same price, however that is for a 35 inch 15 inch wheel not a 16, and from what I've seen 16 inch tires cost more then 15's.[/QUOTE]

Yes they are expensive, im also in canada. All my buddies go to the states to get their tires but can have a hell of a time getting them back. I do not plan on buying tires used cause its not worth it unless they are 90% plus tread and a good deal. http://tires.canadiantire.ca/en/tir...82847P/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko/2080947/ check them apples out. Not to mention thats only an AT tire not even a mudder, I cant imagine what a nitto would go for. And its all you get what you pay for, if you buy a cheap 35 chances are its not going to last as long or be as strong. So at $400 a tire ill pass a 6inch lift. 4inch rcx and 285s is music to me. Or ill get a 6inch and decrank, but whats the point if ill never run 35s?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
eh didn't see you were in canada.

no point in a huge lift unless you want them 285's to hang way out there or do some hard flexin on the trails.

I'd crank and block, or add a leaf, or just body lift it.