what years for trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
what about a 2000 and up 4l60e and transfer case? Im just checken cause my friend has one hell give me if it will work.

The LS 5.3 4l60e uses a longer imput shaft and stator on the pump. In order for one to work in your case, you need to buy a custom converter (sbc 5.7 fly wheel bolt pattern and LS 5.3 style imput) or this kit http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Transmission-Adapter-Kit-19154766-P10532.aspx

You can also change your imput shaft and pump (what I'm doing) but the old style 298 mm imput shaft doesn't have many upgrades available as the newer 300mm.

The LS 60e has a longer (5/8") bell housing to make up for the longer imput. I have the luxury of having both styles and will eventually build mine with the 300.

With that kit, the flywheel is the main part. I used a 298mm converter (not knowing) on the 300mm imput and it bolted right up but wouldn't move. Just my .02, buy a 98 and be done but if you can get one for free, the kit might be worth while.

You must be registered for see images

Sbc 5.7 298mm imput shaft

The new LS 5.3 300mm style

I was in a big hurry and never noticed it.

This is the bell housing changes. The LS has a top housing bolt while the sbc does not.

I'm actually looking forward to building mine as strong as I can. I'm no transmission expert by no means, I'm just passing this info along based on what I've come across so far.

If you so buy the kit, let me know how it turned out.

Last edited: