What size rear blocks on z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is size of stock blocks on a 97 z71? And do all z71 have blocks? Mine doesn't have a block and doesn't look like an add a leaf either ( can't rember off hand how many leaves r there tho).

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you, I work on so many obs trucks and some had block and some had skid plates , but ty for clearing that up for me. I replaced my rear shocks but couldn't tell the brand cause of how rusted they were but they had yellow on em and that makes sense now that they were bilsteins.

Hutchinson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
X2 - ProComp 6” lift I just put on, added a leaf and put wedge blocks in. I rebuilt the leaf pack while I was there (cleaned, repainted, greased ends, urethane bushings, etc). Those old rubber bushings were fairly easy to take out, just 3/8” drill them out all the way around (several holes all the way through) then beat them rest the way out. Press is easier, but I’m shadetree man, ain’t got none of that fancy stuff.