what rear end is in my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan243

Reaction score
Not the original glove box, no tag on diff, and yes I do need tires also, I think its a 10bolt I am out of town till tue so I will post a pic when I get home . It is a 1500

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Where "should" said tag be located on the diff? I know it's a 10b, wanna find the ratio though. I've been under it a few times and can't find the tag. Would the front diff have a tag also?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Look in your glove box for rpo codes

Sent from my LG-US730 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Murd450

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 405 , where the fastest street cars on the pla
What is the f44 ?

I'm not saying they didn't make any thing else but I have never seen just a plain 2wd silverado with a 14b . All the ones I've seen have 10b with 3.42's. my friends 454 SS has the 14b rear , but again its not a normal silverado . And I'm not being a dick , I don't like to be wrong . So if I'm wrong I want to know why so next time I'm not !

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Nope, I've seen at least one myself....:)

From factory the only 5 lug 14-bolt was a 454SS, any other 2wd 14-bolt was 6lug and a 2500LD.

But with that being said, GM could have thrown one in a truck by accident or whatever. Wouldn't surprise me!!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
From factory the only 5 lug 14-bolt was a 454SS, any other 2wd 14-bolt was 6lug and a 2500LD.

But with that being said, GM could have thrown one in a truck by accident or whatever. Wouldn't surprise me!!

Like I said: corporate 14 bolt semi float axle in a C1500 long box seen by my own peepers and worked on by my own hands. Rpo code in the glove box was correct. I remember checking it when it came into the shop because I had to do axle seals on it for the customer. I thought someone had swapped it in, but f44 in the glove box because I was curious. Registration in the dash was C1500 and 1500 on the door rub strips.....guess I'm lucky the owner didnt look down the bays while I was digging in his glove box while I was supposed to be doing axle seals and brakes.

:rofl:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Like I said: corporate 14 bolt semi float axle in a C1500 long box seen by my own peepers and worked on by my own hands. Rpo code in the glove box was correct. I remember checking it when it came into the shop because I had to do axle seals on it for the customer. I thought someone had swapped it in, but f44 in the glove box because I was curious. Registration in the dash was C1500 and 1500 on the door rub strips.....guess I'm lucky the owner didnt look down the bays while I was digging in his glove box while I was supposed to be doing axle seals and brakes.

:rofl:

That's just odd!! Who knows, maybe special order?