What is this plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine has it. I reckon it would be pretty horrible to drive if the level of assistance at parking speed prevailed at road speeds.

It most certainly is. Full boost at highway speeds will make you think twice about any kind of steering input. I will never understand the people who unplug the column sensor (putting the system in full boost all the time) and then just leave it that way. They're out there, though.

Bonus nerd trivia, EVO stands for Electronic Variable Orifice.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It most certainly is. Full boost at highway speeds will make you think twice about any kind of steering input. I will never understand the people who unplug the column sensor (putting the system in full boost all the time) and then just leave it that way. They're out there, though.

Bonus nerd trivia, EVO stands for Electronic Variable Orifice.

Happy to take your word on that rather than having to endure it (I've only ever driven a GMT400 with EVO).
The steering was a revelation when I got this truck. Effortless at parking speeds and perfectly weighted at road speeds to encourage and enable precise decisive inputs which translates to perfect road positioning in cornering. For a 2.5 ton truck - I've driven cars weighing half that with much worse steering - it's a considerable achievement.