What do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
No, I just paid attention in college apparently. :crazy:

:jester: No it won't hurt anything. It'll sound like ten thousand screaming ****** when you floor it with the windows up though. (may or may not be a bad thing)

Hmm reminds me of my college days.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks clean. Just wondering why you didn't build that setup on the passenger side where the cold air is already coming through the stock location on the inside of the fender?

I just got a better angle and was able to get the heat shield enclosure away from the engine heat and just a better place with more room to fit everything nicely.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, no. When you're dealing with wet manifold design, the temperature of the incoming air really doesn't matter that much. (unless you're driving through a wildfire with ambient at ~170F) Due to the fuel being introduced high in the intake tract, you get charge cooling associated with the phenomenon known as latent heat of vaporization. We already know that figure is roughly 150Btu/lb when measured at ambient, gasoline weighs 6lbs per gallon so in theory it's transferring in the neighborhood of 1000Btu of thermal energy out of the combustible volume for every gallon used. AKA - the base of the throttle body is always cold, even though it could be 100 degrees outside. The ducting OEMs use has more to do with introducing air to the engine at a stable temperature, than actually benefitting the combustion process. I agree though, cooler air can be of benefit seeing as it's denser, and more fuel can be combusted in that environment even though it's not increasing the actual volume of air introduced. Warmer air (to a point) is actually better for the combustion process, since it's less dense it causes less of a parasitic draw on the engine, and the warmer the air the more likely the fuel is to stay atomized.

Sorry bro I just always thought that if you are getting cold air instead of warm air you are getting more air per volume because of the density of the air, thus getting more out of a single combustion. For example you have a fire and if you close the damper and it doesn't burn as well as it could of the damper was open.