What do you think about these wheels on my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the aluminum wheels on my truck are looking kinda crappy. I've been thinking about going with a newer stock wheel. The only thing holding me back right now is that the tires I have aren't very old and they ride GREAT. Best tires I've ever owned.

So, picked up these on CL last spring for cheap for another project and never used them. They are 18's. How do you think they would look on my truck? What size tires would you suggest? What kind of center caps do these use?

You must be registered for see images attach

I tried to make a deal on these the other day. He came down to $700, but that is still a little rich for me especially since I don't NEED a set of tires right now. What do you think?

You must be registered for see images attach

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody? I can't seem to find anyone that has seen any like them. I was told they were off of a 2010 Chevy. They are definitely the right lug pattern, and they still have the valve stems with the pressure sensors in them so I don't think they were spares.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
First wheel looks like a spare to me. I LOVE the NNBS rims on the OBS trucks. That being said, the $700 price tag would not fly with my wife :evillol:

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First wheel looks like a spare to me.

Yeah, I've had a few people tell me tey look like spares, but they came as a complete set and as I said they have the special valve stems still in them. They actually look a lot better in person than in the crappy cell phone pic.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i belive they are the bottom of the line, work truck 2wd, 4.3, nothing special rims, they wont look to bad

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i belive they are the bottom of the line, work truck 2wd, 4.3, nothing special rims, they wont look to bad

Why would they be 18's then? All the work truck basic rims I've seen are 16's or 17's.

Newdude

Reaction score
Ok, I remeasured and I think they are the 17 in spare rims. I don't know why a truck would come with a set of 4 on it.

Definitely a 17" spare wheel as 2005+ up 1500 trucks run 17 or larger due to GM putting larger brakes on the trucks. Don't think any left the factory with a set of those. If so, few did.

I would say either a chrome OEM center cap from the 99-current steel wheels or if they fit, a set of chrome OEM caps from the steel wheels on a similar year truck as yours would look good on those.

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't think any left the factory with a set of those. If so, few did.

Yeah, this really has me puzzled now. They sure seem like a set to me, and I have no reason not to believe the woman's story that I bought them from. Plus there's the issue of the sensors in the valve stems. Anyway, don't know what I'm going to do with them. I may sell them and put the money towards some NNBS wheels like the ones pictured.