What Differential do I have

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I picked up a Coil over control arm rear it is a posie has control arms upper and lower the upper are bent ti fit.Also a rear track bar
It has duel piston brake calipier with internal parking brakes. There are numbers stamped on the inside of diff
looks like 05027 . Would like to know year and what it came out of please. The guy I bought it from went Awol
Thanks very much in advance I want to by a set of adjustable control arms and pan hard bar

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi I picked up a Coil over control arm rear it is a posie has control arms upper and lower the upper are bent ti fit.Also a rear track bar
It has duel piston brake calipier with internal parking brakes. There are numbers stamped on the inside of diff
looks like 05027 . Would like to know year and what it came out of please. The guy I bought it from went Awol
Thanks very much in advance I want to by a set of adjustable control arms and pan hard bar
Didn't you mention on your other thread it came from a GMT800 Tahoe? It's a 10 bolt 8.6"/G80. I would think any 99-06 year 4.8/5.3 SUV with rear coil suspension would give you the right part for it. I "thought" that axle was even carried over to the GMT900 SUVs, but not certain on that...

The only rear coil suspension that got a different axle was the 9.5" 14 bolt (AXN rpo code), but that was exclusive to the Cadillac Escalade (6.0 & 6.2?). Maybe the higher trimmed Yukon Denali also had them...stick to a 4.8/5.3 Tahoe if you are needing parts for it.

Maybe @MrPink can help you out here...

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't you mention on your other thread it came from a GMT800 Tahoe? It's a 10 bolt 8.6"/G80. I would think any 99-06 year 4.8/5.3 SUV with rear coil suspension would give you the right part for it. I "thought" that axle was even carried over to the GMT900 SUVs, but not certain on that...

The only rear coil suspension that got a different axle was the 9.5" 14 bolt (AXN rpo code), but that was exclusive to the Cadillac Escalade (6.0 & 6.2?). Maybe the higher trimmed Yukon Denali also had them...stick to a 4.8/5.3 Tahoe if you are needing parts for it.

Maybe @MrPink can help you out here...
Thanks I was getting info from some many different places that it got very confusing. Thanks for the important insight