What could this leak be?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so ive got here on my 96 350 a leak.. real unusual for a chevy.. just kidding. buts its starting to bother me leaving a mark all the time in the garage. so i just had the rear main seal done and i know about the leaks coming from oil filter adapter as you can see in one of the pics. but the oil streak is stemming from the passenger side and almost looks like its blownback there. i cleaned the oil pan off the other day to start to trace the leak but it hasnt helped me.. my best guess is the oil pan gasket? and if it is can i replace it without removing anything else? between oil changed i maybe have to add half a quart here and there so it doesnt leak a whole lot just enough to bug me. but anyway now for the pic show, if anyone has ideas that would be great! thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

pass side looking up

leaky oil filter adapter

another view of pass side looking up

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
How are you valve cover gaskets towards the back? Also your oil pressure sender is on the back of the engine, although, more on the driver's side.

I also have a continuing mess. From what I can tell it's valve covers.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How are you valve cover gaskets towards the back? Also your oil pressure sender is on the back of the engine, although, more on the driver's side.

I also have a continuing mess. From what I can tell it's valve covers.

valve covers/gaskets i actually replaced last spring.. i cant see any oil leaking down the block from them so i dont think that it would be them? but who knows it could very well be them too