what amp to run with single kicker sub.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never personally ran a kicker amp, but back in the day I had the old school solo baric subs. They were nice. I've had my Alpine amp for about 8-9 years now. Going strong.

94gmcZ71

Reaction score
I had an old legacy my granddad gave me but i was skeptical about using it. I havent heard of the brand and no telling if it works or how old it is. I rather be on the safe the safe side and go with a new one.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I ran this amp with my CompVR 12"
You must be registered for see images

Phoenix Gold R5.0:1
500W x 1 (2 ohm mono) max power High efficiency Class "D" monoblock amplifier 18dB variable

I have had absolutely NO COMPLAINTS, even after dumping a 20oz. soda on it, I cleaned the circuit board and the SOB worked fine!

-Truckin'-

94gmcZ71

Reaction score
Question it shows how to run it in a 2 ohm load how do i run it in 4 ohm? Im still new to the audio stuff. Do I hook it up like it says and run it on low?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of the best amps I've ever owned were no name cheapo brands.

The only issue with that, is that gettin a off brand amp is a total crap shoot. That and they tend to rediculously over rate there power handling.

I've always been impressed with Kickers line of products, and I like my systems to be matched also. Another nice thing about Kicker, is that they advertise there RMS power rating, and there amps are always higher wattage then advertised. Plus there warranty is pretty good also, hard to best 3 years!

Sent from my Motorola Bravo