Power to amp, no sound from sub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It should be, but it could have come off during shipping or something. Or they may have forgotten to hook it up.

Well my sound system-educated friend happened to stop by work right as I was closing so he helped me with it. It turns out it was the sensitivity switch on the amp that was the problem. He got it pretty well tuned by ear and now I'm a happy camper! By the way, you were right Chris, this sub does hit surprisingly hard! :)

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If that's not the problem then make sure your amp's gain control isnt turned all the way down.

Well my sound system-educated friend happened to stop by work right as I was closing so he helped me with it. It turns out it was the sensitivity switch on the amp that was the problem.

Called it. Well not 100% but I've never used an amp that also had speaker level inputs so your sensitivity switch basically caused the problem I mentioned.

Last edited: