Way too much motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea i know but even the best of builders wont go that far, its doable but not the best idea. .060 is the farthest most people will go withought causing tons of issues like .080 can.

I didn't say it was smart :rofl:

Michael D

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To make that kind of n/a power, it would have aluminum heads, a solid roller, and more than likely dome pistons to achieve 12:1. None of that was mentioned, therefor wasn't on/in it. And he mentioned needing to get ARP studs or bolts, implying that it doesn't have either on it currently??? And all the good parts you can put together on a tbi (injectors included) won't be able to support 600. And 80 over was just a waste of pistons .......

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm tryin to figure out where the 12:1 came from? Eyeballing? Did you have the heads volumed or look up the pistons somewhere to get that number?

And yea like everyone's sayin, getting 600hp out of a 12:1 small block that cost under $$$$ would surprise the top builders in the world.

scaggsj

Reaction score
-

i'm tryin to figure out where the 12:1 came from? Eyeballing? Did you have the heads volumed or look up the pistons somewhere to get that number?

And yea like everyone's sayin, getting 600hp out of a 12:1 small block that cost under $$$$ would surprise the top builders in the world.

Sorry haven't been on in a while. As for the numbers we calipered everything and came up with rough estimates.

Regardless I'm done with this motor. It wasn't what I wanted this truck to be. Got me a stock ''88 350 with 70000 miles and a three year warrenty. For 800 and sold mister motor to a buddy that's going to girdle the bottom, metal head gaskets, Adp studs, full race cam, and throwing It in a 85 celica supra, with a powerhouse backing it.

Glad to be going this route any way. 88 truck with 88 motor. Much easier finding parts.