Running too rich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here. Wanted to see what kind of ideas you guys have for my problem.

Anyways, bought myself a 97 k1500 5.7 auto trans that had a mild build done to it (bigger cam, racing valve springs ECT). It's running way to rich to the point that if you shut it off after you have it running for just a bit it won't start cause it's giving it too much fuel, I already put a new spider injection assembly in it thinking the injectors werent working properly and it still does the same. Fuel gets past the rings into the oil. My buddy told me with these Chevy's you gotta just let the run for awhile until the computer resets for the bigger cam but I just wanted to see what you guys had to say about it. I've had many obs Chevys but this is my first with the spider injection, my other right now is a 95 k1500 5.7 5 speed. Didn't know if I could program the computer myself or if it's what my buddy said and just let it run. I got the capability to do computer programming (autel mk908 ii scan tool) thanks for all the comments and suggestions in advance guys!

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is not going to magically fix itself from running although the long term fuel trims will correct fueling to a certain extent. It needs a tune and preferably an 0411 swap.

Reaction score
That's what I was just researching and sounds like the way I'm gonna go with it. There a good post on here about doing the 0411 computer swap that you know of?