Water leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skip Fix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been chasing a water leak on passenger side into the floorboard of my '97 for years. Shop thought -resealed. Thought windshield gasket replaced. You can run the hose all day long onroof,fender, cowl and it never leaks. I got in it during one of our rain storms and saw it weeping through the seam sealer in multiple spots where the passenger kick panel attached to floorboard. Ca not see the outside with teh fender on. Any one else had a similar issue? of a picture of passenger cowl area with fender off?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through a summer of chasing this down. There’s a few different thread on this and a few possible issues. In the end mine was simply removing and cleaning out drains mounted on either side of firewall. Then run some type of snake from cowl down to where plastic drains mount.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a 383 swap planned so will pull fender off to find those when we have the hood off.
No need to. They are on firewall. Passenger side is right behind overflow tank.

Skip Fix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try and get some pictures but not seeing too much there. Mechanic shop sealed the seams last year up top like in those pictures

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine leaked past the rubber grommet that the door wires go through. Might try directing water at just that and see if it drips down behind the kick plate.