Wanted: 6" suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I have been kicking this idea around for a few months now. I know I will eventually do it but I dont know when.
Option 1 - Leave the truck with 33's and a 3" BL.
Option 2 - Add a 6" lift and take the 3" out.
Option 3 - Add a 6" and keep the 3" also.
Now I get to the point of not knowing what tire size to go with. If you dont do this just right it looks like crap. How big of tires do I need? Do I need to change the 285's (brand new as of February 2011)? Do I add spacers so the wheels stick out a bit? :hmm:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I've never recommended using wheel spacers except for just cruising around town and even then I suggest steel ones.....others might say it's ok, but that's just me being safety cautious....I'm the same way when it comes to lift blocks, I don't recommend them, but if you're gung-ho to use them, don't use the aluminum ones.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no problem, you could pull off a 6+3 on 35s, there is a few on here that can, but its just one of those things that there are a few... just not many

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Jeff, anything bigger than 33's you're going to want to upgrade your gears, I'd get 35's, easy to find, won't suck too much more gas, especially with 4.56s, and will look pretty good with 6+3, that is if you have a nice wider wheel, like 16x10s.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Jeff, anything bigger than 33's you're going to want to upgrade your gears, I'd get 35's, easy to find, won't suck too much more gas, especially with 4.56s, and will look pretty good with 6+3, that is if you have a nice wider wheel, like 16x10s.

See this is why this projest hasnt been done yet. It's not a matter of getting the lift for $1000. You also need to get tires, wheels, gears... the list goes on forever it seems.
I have ball park pricing on the wheels and tires but how about gears? Can gears be done in the driveway or does it need to go to a garage? Whats the price range on a job like this?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Changing gears, anyone have input?