W/T Grille Enthusiasts UNITE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old thread but bringing it back on topic, I prefer the W/T grille on my 1 ton, I'll be painting the grille white and the centre portion kept grey to match the truck and buying the clear lens housings just to be able to remove the bulb with no tools.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hey verve, depending on what type of new lens you get(refracted lens like stock or refracted reflector), you may need to get HID lighting. Whatever you do, DON'T get the ones with the blacked out reflector, I've not had good luck with their light gathering ability and ended up switching to the chromed housing in lieu of building a reflector for the projector.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will definatelt be going more for lighting performance vs looks, and will be looking at reviews from purchasers on the sets that I'll look at. They will likely be used with auxiliary driving lights as well.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will definatelt be going more for lighting performance vs looks, and will be looking at reviews from purchasers on the sets that I'll look at. They will likely be used with auxiliary driving lights as well.

Verve, thats quite the little BB gun you have there in your profile pic!! :D

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like the air-to-ground anti-personnel/anti-light armor gatling gun used in the first gulf war.

But anyways, verve, I also run driving lights to assist headlights and to be honest, they overpower the headlights very easily. If I didn't already have a $100 HID headlight kit installed, I'd do like I did on my nissan that came with these sealed beams....make a bracket that holds (2) 2"x7" Lo-Pro driving lights stacked. If I get bored, I'll make a bracket and mock it up to show what it'd look like.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like the air-to-ground anti-personnel/anti-light armor gatling gun used in the first gulf war.

But anyways, verve, I also run driving lights to assist headlights and to be honest, they overpower the headlights very easily. If I didn't already have a $100 HID headlight kit installed, I'd do like I did on my nissan that came with these sealed beams....make a bracket that holds (2) 2"x7" Lo-Pro driving lights stacked. If I get bored, I'll make a bracket and mock it up to show what it'd look like.

Thats an M61A1 Vulcan as built for the F18 on a transport stand, we do a display at the Calgary Stampede every year.

The biggest reason for wanting the conversion housing is to be able to just open the hood and change the bulbs with no tools, it's entirely a convenience thing

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I understand, I'd originally done that also. If you get the chrome reflector, you should do alrite, but I'm afraid you won't get much use outta your headlights. They output about as much as the old incandescent headlamps.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I know it's been awhile, but looky what I've come up with to replace the w/t corner reflectors.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's not 100% complete yet, still gotta fab an upper mounting stud of some sort.

Tell me whatcha think, I couldn't stand LMC's crystal clear option with that orange strip down the side.