Vortex exaust on vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seth9199

Reaction score
Hey so ive got a 1997 k2500 5.7 and i want to replace the stock muffler with one of cherry bombs vortex mufflers for a better sound. How much louder is it going to be over stock using same 2 in 1 out exaust piping. Cats still being installed.

Kevco2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am using the same Vortex set up on my Suburban but running the HT383e GM crate motor. It is a pretty good balance all around for noise level. Starting my truck first thing in the morning doesn't wake anybody up even though it's parked right outside. There's definitely a noticeable difference when you lay into the throttle. Nothing crazy that makes you deaf or unable to talk with whoever is riding with you, even with the windows down

seth9199

Reaction score
Ok thanks i just want to be able to hear more exaust than engine noise and have more drone but not be like u can hear me from a mile away. If i wanna be noticed ill just hit the dixie