Vortec Lover's '98 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Z71

LOVES GMT400s.
Reaction score
Heres a pic of my old '95 chevy just for reference... It had a 6" suspension 3" body on 38x13.50s

You must be registered for see images attach

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Gonna look sweet man. That truck up there looks awesome. I really like the clean, lifted look. I'll even admit I like those rims.......

he's slipping, haha

No sense in pulling it off just to put it back on! it'll look dine with the BL and the suspension lift set to 4" with 35's thats just a 7" lift with 35's so one inch higher than everyone else runs 35's

if it looks way better it might makes sense to pull it off, but I see what you are saying. I wouldn't mind having the ride of the 4" RCX and get the last from the BL. But then again, if I get some 35" tires they're going to be on the truck for at least 30,000 miles so if I'm not perfectly happy I'll pull the BL- it doesn't take much time to do now that I know how. The biggest PITA really is switching bumper brackets

Nice! i hope you buy it! I seen it posted th eother day too. Your truck will look nice with that for sure!!

Looking good so far- I'll probably send the check on next Tuesday or Wednesday

Heres a pic of my old '95 chevy just for reference... It had a 6" suspension 3" body on 38x13.50s

Thanks man- we were just talking about that truck in a different thread yesterday. I was wondering what size rubbers she was on :cheers:

I'm going to wait for a regear before going that big... what are the gears in that truck?

I'll try 4+3 w/ 315/75/16 and see how that looks then move on from there.

Last edited:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score

6+3 on 37

6" sus on 315/75/16

now I'm getting hung up between these two stances.... I like the 6"- it's about perfect for what I'm wanting, plus there's no 'frame hang', I'd look good on 315's, the size of tire I want in the first place.... I think I'll just pull the BL or else I'll feel inclined to all the time, haha

once my gears go maybe bigger, but not now- for a DD and 3.73 I'd say 6" Suspension with 35" tires is perfect

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Will look good either way man. Don't throw the BL away, whatever you do...
I would seriously get on that rear end swap if you plan on doing any wheeling. Otherwise 10 bolt will go "bye bye"...

Just sayin'.

BTW, if you don't mind my asking...why do you note that you have a 110mph cluster in your sig? Just curious lol

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I would seriously get on that rear end swap if you plan on doing any wheeling. Otherwise 10 bolt will go "bye bye"...

Just sayin'.

BTW, if you don't mind my asking...why do you note that you have a 110mph cluster in your sig? Just curious lol

Cause it's cool. Not too many of them around. lol

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
My '96 Cheyenne had one, my '96 W/T had one, and my '96 K2500 Silverado had one. Well, in KM, but 180km/h = 110mph. The current K2500 has a 160 (100) though.
:shrug:

Yeah its rare to see a mph one like that around here. I've never seen one in person myself.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score

Just sayin'.

Yep, I don't care if my 10 bolt goes 'byebye'. The sooner the better. I just don't feel like swapping it out if it isn't broken. Once it goes it's time for a 14 bolt, 4.10/4.56 gears

I'm keeping the BL, don't worry- I'm sure I'll use it for something else, whether this truck or a different one.

Cause it's cool. Not too many of them around. lol

Exactly! I've only seen one and it's in my truck.

My '96 Cheyenne had one, my '96 W/T had one, and my '96 K2500 Silverado had one. Well, in KM, but 180km/h = 110mph. The current K2500 has a 160 (100) though.
:shrug:

Your a canadian, that's different- you find me a 110 MPH cluster, haha, very hard to come by