Vortec Lover's '98 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Interesting they are rare. Go figure.

I'd like to get a 220 police one just to be the only guy around with one (and that would be the only reason....get my truck doing 120 and she isn't exactly "economical"). One was recently posted, though it was listed for a 98-99...dunno if it'd work on a 96. I doubt it. Would be cool, though.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Interesting they are rare. Go figure.

I'd like to get a 220 police one just to be the only guy around with one (and that would be the only reason....get my truck doing 120 and she isn't exactly "economical"). One was recently posted, though it was listed for a 98-99...dunno if it'd work on a 96. I doubt it. Would be cool, though.

It'll work it has to have a wire jumped between two spots to work properly. I read it somewhere, can't remember exactly where though. Those are the ones that came on emergency vehicles.

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got plenty of money, I just like going off budgets. If I have say... $14,000 laying around I'm not going to put it ALL into one thing, especially a toy. I don't have a girl, other hobbies, or anything else to blow money on... this is the one place I splurge once or twice a year (okay, I already got the rims, but forget that :lol:) The rest is getting put away.

I'm a generous penny pincher, that's all.

you will get more pleasure out of stuffing a girl rather than tires into your truck, but she will burn through that 14k in a couple months...:deal:

bigger tires always looks better. you have plenty of tread for many miles of safe road travel though. I would straighten your current bumper, and lift with those 35s in the other thread. before a new bumper.

If you not literally denting up your truck on rocks trees and mud EVERY MONTH, do the diesel.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
you will get more pleasure out of stuffing a girl rather than tires into your truck, but she will burn through that 14k in a couple months...:deal:

bigger tires always looks better. you have plenty of tread for many miles of safe road travel though. I would straighten your current bumper, and lift with those 35s in the other thread. before a new bumper.

If you not literally denting up your truck on rocks trees and mud EVERY MONTH, do the diesel.

I don't know... I've had more fun out of my truck than most guys seem to with their girls, LMAO

Nothing wrong with my current bumper, just chewin' on ideas for what direction to go. Diesel bumper is what I decided on

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

6+3 on 37

You must be registered for see images attach

6" sus on 315/75/16

now I'm getting hung up between these two stances.... I like the 6"- it's about perfect for what I'm wanting, plus there's no 'frame hang', I'd look good on 315's, the size of tire I want in the first place.... I think I'll just pull the BL or else I'll feel inclined to all the time, haha

once my gears go maybe bigger, but not now- for a DD and 3.73 I'd say 6" Suspension with 35" tires is perfect

DEFINATLEY the 2nd. The 6" on 315/75r16

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
no- but I could get some measurements for you because I'm kind of curious too. What do you measure to find out?

From my understanding easiest way is to take a piece of wood and resting it on the inner flange then measuring from the flange to the piece of wood.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone