Vortec Lover's '98 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
:naughty: only difference is mine is silver- dang close though

Yeah, it's tempting... he has them at his shop, so maybe I'll go look at them, hold them up or whatever and see if I can get a rough guess of how much it'll jack it up... the less the better. Yeah, I'm thinking that too about the cranking... :(

Right- it wouldn't hurt to get new u-bolts anyways.

He's a good mechanic- done work with him for a while. He's done cars all of his life and he always tries to give me good deals on stuff. Front end work, however, I think I would do myself if I could.

Anyone else want to chime in on the 315 fitting or not?

wait for a little bit and ill show u exactly how much lift 3/4 ton springs give you

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
wait for a little bit and ill show u exactly how much lift 3/4 ton springs give you

:Caffeine: hurry up wid it! And take a bazillion pictures while you are at it.

Oh... and IIRC, these might be "HD" 3/4... I forgot about that until now- so they might be pretty big :/

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
:Caffeine: hurry up wid it! And take a bazillion pictures while you are at it.

Oh... and IIRC, these might be "HD" 3/4... I forgot about that until now- so they might be pretty big :/

i got 2 pics but i can take more, and oh jeez i think mine are just normal 3/4 ton

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
My fender measurements say my truck is cranked almost to level with the 3/4 ton springs but I think it has a little rake to it.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Can I put 3/4 springs on mine just to replace my shocks? WIthout doing anything?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Can I put 3/4 springs on mine just to replace my shocks? WIthout doing anything?

eh- no....

3/4 springs are stiffer, so if you have no shocks you will feel like your riding on your rims. You need shocks still.

OR- if you were asking if you needed to replace your shocks at the same time, yeah, I probably would. Chances are they are still stock.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I only replaced the springs on mine and didn't touch the shocks. Rides great haha

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well what I was asking is can I replace my stock shocks with 3/4 ton? Just for the height?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
eh- no....

3/4 springs are stiffer, so if you have no shocks you will feel like your riding on your rims. You need shocks still.

OR- if you were asking if you needed to replace your shocks at the same time, yeah, I probably would. Chances are they are still stock.

No if you go without shocks you'll wreck your truck lol,
I only replaced the springs on mine and didn't touch the shocks. Rides great haha

mine weren't anywhere near long enough, if i coulda got um bolted up it woulda had no down travel at all

Well what I was asking is can I replace my stock shocks with 3/4 ton? Just for the height?

Yes you can