Vortec Lover's '98 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Im a little confused. The shocks only smoothen out the ride over a bump and don't hold any weight.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
How much of a difference to the 3/4 shocks make in height?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
How much of a difference to the 3/4 shocks make in height?

no difference- shocks don't give lift. Shocks are just that: shock absorbers. They are held up by little tabs on the axle and frame- too much weight and they'll snap off. You can't use air shocks or anything like on these trucks and expect to use them.

Springs / blocks / aal are the only ways to gain height in the back.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
no difference- shocks don't give lift. Shocks are just that: shock absorbers. They are held up by little tabs on the axle and frame- too much weight and they'll snap off. You can't use air shocks or anything like on these trucks and expect to use them.

However, the longer length shocks give you more travel

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Im a little confused. The shocks only smoothen out the ride over a bump and don't hold any weight.

yeah they control compression and rebound of the springs is what they do

or a shackle flip haha

However, the longer length shocks give you more travel

they limit the travel less, flexible springs are what gives you more travel/flex

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score

funny, I was just talking about those in the chat thread :lol:

I offered the guy $750, he countered $850.

But I'm thinking I might pass, because apparently they are an inch wider, but 0.02 SHORTER than 285/75, which I don't really want... if they were 305/75 I'd probably go for it.

Thanks for posting the link up though!!