Vortec alternator upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, your battery will only pull what your system draws, you won't max your stock cables with stock load.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Awesome I dont wanna install it then the truck dies because of the small stock cable...

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to do the cable upgrade on mine as well, I hate flickering lights

Well soon ima build the wiring and grounds with 4 gauge.. hopefully that's good enough. I'll send pics because I'm sure I might forget something. Once it's in I'll give you an update. Hopefully I can get the materials in 2 weeks and throw it in.. problem is I'm gonna be busy every weekend from now on....smh

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Well soon ima build the wiring and grounds with 4 gauge.. hopefully that's good enough. I'll send pics because I'm sure I might forget something. Once it's in I'll give you an update. Hopefully I can get the materials in 2 weeks and throw it in.. problem is I'm gonna be busy every weekend from now on....smh
I’d definitely like to see that when you get it done

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d definitely like to see that when you get it done

Yeah me 2 lol. So far the plan gonna be take everything out and match it with 4gauge. I see the new alternator has a ground point so I may add a ground to that. Once everything clean and wire brush. I'll throw in some electrical grease on every connection. Really nervous though because I dont wanna forget or mess up anything. Seems easy. But stuff always pops up once your start messing with things..

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Yeah me 2 lol. So far the plan gonna be take everything out and match it with 4gauge. I see the new alternator has a ground point so I may add a ground to that. Once everything clean and wire brush. I'll throw in some electrical grease on every connection. Really nervous though because I dont wanna forget or mess up anything. Seems easy. But stuff always pops up once your start messing with things..
True, this’ll be the first time I’ve attempted it

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Biggest thing is getting the crimps on tight enough. Other than that it's easy.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk