Vortec 454 Injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is about where yours is at, it does not have the horsepower it should when I stomp on it, but the torque is there down low. Hmm, that's not at all a bad idea, the flow matched thing was the only thing tugging my strings about buying new. But I have no problem buying used, so I might just search for a good set. I was looking at getting those 3800 injectors as well, I just couldn't find em in anything but a set of 6. Do you have any experience with JET DST or do you use EFI Live exclusively?

I did look at EFI Live briefly a little while ago, but the $800+ price tag changed that

The V6 injectors I can get from the junkyard locally. I'd grab at least 10 in case there were any duds. That's how I got the L67 injectors, but I did send those off for cleaning and flow matching. EFIlive won't support a 96 PCM either, so Jet is all you have available to you unless you do a 411 swap. I've never used the Jet stuff myself but wouldn't hesitate to if that was all I could use. There's also PCM Hammer if you go the 411 route.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The V6 injectors I can get from the junkyard locally. I'd grab at least 10 in case there were any duds. That's how I got the L67 injectors, but I did send those off for cleaning and flow matching. EFIlive won't support a 96 PCM either, so Jet is all you have available to you unless you do a 411 swap. I've never used the Jet stuff myself but wouldn't hesitate to if that was all I could use. There's also PCM Hammer if you go the 411 route.

Ah, I didn't think about that, though I'm not sure if the LKQ nearish me would have any. I could check that out if I get a free weekend. I found a set of 8 new 42 lb Bosch injectors (0280155968) for 90 bucks on EvilBay, might pull the trigger on those and the tune. Ok, that's good to know as well. I've read good things about the 411 swap but that's not something I wanna mess with right now, maybe sometime in the future.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir! The 454 is what sold me on the truck, I just had to have it!

My rational side could not justify the '99 C2500 that followed me home
~18 months ago. But it was such a low key, yet capable beast that I
was teetering...and once it fired up it was like it put a deep bass tractor
beam into my soul. I had to have it. ('99 RCLB functional renewal thread)

As for tuning, I have some experience/success with EFI tuning via a non-GM
tool for a brand F engine running ~16 lbs of boost. And while I was using that
tool I was relying heavily upon previous experience dialing in non-ECU old school
Holleys & Q-jets with points or HEI distributors. Good news, the underlying
theory is the same, so if you like dialing in carbs & dizzy's you will love the
absolute control that dialing in a ECU (aka VCM) gives you.

Given the above, at this time I have to step aside & allow folks like @Supercharged111,
@PlayingWithTBI, @L31MaxExpress & others step in and share their wealth
of hands-on knowledge. These guys are the real deal -- instead of trading
everyday driveability for peak performance, they improve *both* at the same time. (!)
(EDIT: Do yourself a favor, search for threads with these guys in it, and read for comprehension.
This would be solid preparation for getting into tuning yourself vs. relying upon the mail-order stuff.)

IMHO, that's the hallmark of folks who are working at the level that EFI Hipo pioneers
like Callaway & Lingenfelter showed us is possible. Improved performance *and* driveability,
without trading off reliability.

So I will be watching what you do with mucho interest. Because in the not too distant
future my plan is to join the GMT400 Saturday Morning Tuners Club, and see for myself
if I can't turn my engine bay into more of a true power barn.

And please consider starting a build thread of your own so that all your adventures will be
in one easy to read spot.

Happy HP hunting...

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My rational side could not justify the '99 C2500 that followed me home
~18 months ago. But it was such a low key, yet capable beast that I
was teetering...and once it fired up it was like it put a deep bass tractor
beam into my soul. I had to have it. ('99 RCLB functional renewal thread)

As for tuning, I have some experience/success with EFI tuning via a non-GM
tool for a brand F engine running ~16 lbs of boost. And while I was using that
tool I was relying heavily upon previous experience dialing in non-ECU old school
Holleys & Q-jets with points or HEI distributors. Good news, the underlying
theory is the same, so if you like dialing in carbs & dizzy's you will love the
absolute control that dialing in a ECU (aka VCM) gives you.

Given the above, at this time I have to step aside & allow folks like @Supercharged111,
@PlayingWithTBI, @L31MaxExpress & others step in and share their wealth
of hands-on knowledge. These guys are the real deal -- instead of trading
everyday driveability for peak performance, they improve *both* at the same time. (!)
(EDIT: Do yourself a favor, search for threads with these guys in it, and read for comprehension.
This would be solid preparation for getting into tuning yourself vs. relying upon the mail-order stuff.)

IMHO, that's the hallmark of folks who are working at the level that EFI Hipo pioneers
like Callaway & Lingenfelter showed us is possible. Improved performance *and* driveability,
without trading off reliability.

So I will be watching what you do with mucho interest. Because in the not too distant
future my plan is to join the GMT400 Saturday Morning Tuners Club, and see for myself
if I can't turn my engine bay into more of a true power barn.

And please consider starting a build thread of your own so that all your adventures will be
in one easy to read spot.

Happy HP hunting...
I used to be a little meh as far as the GMT400 goes, but owning one has really made me appreciate them. I will be reading that thread shortly!

Alright, I love messing with mechanical stuff, I just struggle a little with computers. That being said, I am more than willing to learn in order to make MO POWAH!

I've read some threads in which they were discussing tuning and it blows my mind how much these guys know and understand, I'd love to hear anything they have to offer. I will go back to some of those and now try to wrap my head around what they're saying haha. I do find the talent really amazing, because that is what every one of our trucks needs.

I would completely agree with that statement.

Then I will document as much as I can, hope my goon a** adventures will help someone else! LOL. Is the club something I have to PM another member for? Cause I can't seem to find anything anywhere about it. I'm right there with ya, I want my truck to look like a cool old grandpa truck but still shred the tires. And as far as the thread, I may as well get one going right now.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I will document as much as I can, hope my goon a** adventures will help someone else! LOL. Is the club something I have to PM another member for? Cause I can't seem to find anything anywhere about it. I'm right there with ya, I want my truck to look like a cool old grandpa truck but still shred the tires. And as far as the thread, I may as well get one going right now.

Sorry 'bout that. For some reason I just visualized the GMT400 tuner community in
this old movie and thought it apropos. :0)

Not to worry, these guys should self identify shortly. Pretty cool to watch their
internal combustion geekfest in action whenever it breaks out. :waytogo:

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry 'bout that. For some reason I just visualized the GMT400 tuner community in

Not to worry, these guys should self identify shortly. Pretty cool to watch their
Ohhh, yeah, Sorry that's my bad for misunderstanding. Yeah, I could definitely see that.

Can't wait, I love to learn stuff. The more I know, the less I spend. Or I spend more on parts... :gr_grin:

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Also I'm sorry to say that I have not yet seen The Breakfast Club. Have to watch it at some point.