Vortec 350 engine misfiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed plug wires and cleaned the throttle body with tb cleaner. That helped it a lot and hopefully plugs will take care of it.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After more riding on the highway, it's actually just as bad. Is it possible that my intake gasket is letting air in? It has been skipping ever since i replaced the lower intake gasket.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
After more riding on the highway, it's actually just as bad. Is it possible that my intake gasket is letting air in? It has been skipping ever since i replaced the lower intake gasket.
That's pretty likely also, mine, at a steady cruise will chug/miss briefly

Also, when the weather was warmer, it was flooded whenever I'd stop at a gas station or whatever.

As for the MPFI, just the new spider and a new plenum gasket, my AC-Delco unit came with the gasket

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Mine looks like this inside, definitely leaking on 6 and 8
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I needed a 5/8 crows foot to get the lines off at the bracket to pull the rail up

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Hows it running now?
Like a champ! Gas mileage, throttle response, idle quality, starting all like a new truck now.

It quit cutting at at steady cruise, easy starts now, much much better... I do have some other issues though I'll need to deal with..

If you can get a scope or something inside your TB to see if it looks like mine, you can narrow it down

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats great to hear! Im taking it to a local mechanic my grandpa knows well to see if his computer gives more info on the code. If its the injectors, ill definitely go with the MPFI spider.