Vortec 350 engine misfiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 1999 350 vortec suburban k1500 has been misfiring under slight acceleration for over 3 months now and is getting worse. The code reads multiple/random cylinder misfire (p0300).
My fuel pump went out and left me stranded around 2 months ago so i put a new delphi pump on it and a new fuel filter. That didnt fix it.
I figured my distributor cap and rotor button, being a parts store brand and lower quality than oem, needed to be replaced, so i put new ac delco parts on it yesterday and the problem still persists.
My next thing would be the coil wire, as im pretty sure it is electrical related.
Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. Id hate to spend money on parts that may not fix it.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Mine is throwing misfires from the leaking spider, shine a light through the TB and see if its wet or badly carboned up

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like there may be a little carbon buildup.
You must be registered for see images

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If changing out plug wires and spark plugs doesnt help, then ill probably just replace the spider.
After talking with my dad, were thinking some coolant may have possibly gotten to the plugs when my intake manifold gasket blew. That could be it i hope.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Well when I take mine apart tomorrow I'll update you with pics and stuff, 300 is a lot to throw away lol

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
The upper intake has to come off, along with the associated wires and hoses.

Looks like just wrenches, sockets and pliers to do the job. You'll need deep sockets to get the intake off