Vision Rallys vs Wheel Vintigues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1togo

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on either Vision 57 chrome Rally's vs Wheel Vintiques 33 chrome Rally's for my 90 GMC Stepside...there is a big dollar difference between the two and I wonder whether its justified....Is the quality equal?
Any experience with either would be appreciated

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Wheel Vintiques is the biggest piece of crap company to deal with. If not for Summit Racing stepping in I would have been out several hundred bucks. I spoke with Wheel Vintiques sales staff for an hour to figure out exactly what I needed to order. When the trim rings didn't fit as we discussed I was told "it was an expensive lesson" and Wheel Vintiques would not get me the correct wheel or offer any refund. Summit got my money back. I would never ever but another product from them.

If you decide to go with Wheel Vintiques buy from a third party and with a credit card so you have some recourse.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
WV is also quick to leave you hanging if you end up with a wheel that has significant balance issues. Their line is that these wheels are intended for show purposes or some lame crap like that.

With that said, I've bought a good number of steel wheels from WV, and most of them were decent. All of them ordered through Summit though, instead of dealing with WV themselves.

Most likely both companies' wheels are made by the same place, just different markup levels.

Do yourself a favor and have your tire shop throw them on the balancer before mounting any tires. Watch carefully for any runout (wobble at the edges of the rim as it spins). You may want to exchange any that look like they'll need a lot of weight. These are not precision-made pieces if you follow what I'm saying.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
WV is also quick to leave you hanging if you end up with a wheel that has significant balance issues. Their line is that these wheels are intended for show purposes or some lame crap like that.

With that said, I've bought a good number of steel wheels from WV, and most of them were decent. All of them ordered through Summit though, instead of dealing with WV themselves.

Most likely both companies' wheels are made by the same place, just different markup levels.

Do yourself a favor and have your tire shop throw them on the balancer before mounting any tires. Watch carefully for any runout (wobble at the edges of the rim as it spins). You may want to exchange any that look like they'll need a lot of weight. These are not precision-made pieces if you follow what I'm saying.

Richard

Well damn... I was thinking about getting some 10" wide rally wheels from WV to throw on the rear of my Monte Carlo, now this thread has got me thinking otherwise. Are there any companies that make reproduction wheels that aren't on the whole "show wheel only" BS?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you're picky, the quality is hit or miss. I've watched more than a few sets of their wheels spin up on a balancer and some are spot on, others take a lot of time and weight getting them to balance. WV doesn't seem to think much of this, but you might get better service out of Summit if you buy from them. I'd suggest calling Summit and talk to them a little bit about it, express your concern over balancing issues, and see what kind of return/exchange policy they'll offer. They're usually pretty good about it.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're picky, the quality is hit or miss. I've watched more than a few sets of their wheels spin up on a balancer and some are spot on, others take a lot of time and weight getting them to balance. WV doesn't seem to think much of this, but you might get better service out of Summit if you buy from them. I'd suggest calling Summit and talk to them a little bit about it, express your concern over balancing issues, and see what kind of return/exchange policy they'll offer. They're usually pretty good about it.

Richard

Right on, I'll just make sure my tire shop has a good look at them before installing anything, then. Was planning on buying through Summit anyway so that's fine with me. Thanks for the info!