Variable steering resistance help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trigger_guard

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the EVO on my '97s as well. It has issues occasionally but I've always opted to fix it rather than get rid of it. The only time that it bugs me when everything is working properly is if I'm doing donuts or sliding around to the point that wheel speed does not equal actual speed. Even then it's manageable if you know what to expect, though.
Kek. I can't afford to do donuts. But I'll take your word for it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kek. I can't afford to do donuts. But I'll take your word for it

My red V6 truck can't physically do them on dry pavement anymore since I swapped in the 4L80E. :lol:

The Suburban will still spin around with a little persuasion, though. Just have to watch the wheel speed so the G80 doesn't unlock.

Trigger_guard

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. So. I found the plug on the back of the pump. Now the question is where's the wire. Do you know where it leads in from?

Trigger_guard

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well. While I download that. I kinda just want to know what harness tentacle it comes from.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
It goes up into the main harness through the firewall the into the I/P harness. The module is right above the trans tunnel.

Trigger_guard

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:ree: the manuals refuse to open,. So while Adobe downloads.

I'll. Re phrase. My factory wiring harness is all stuffed against the firewall. So. I know where it ends. But where does it start. My only reference is that it's a 2 wire connecter but there are alot of those.

So like. Does it come down from the a/c.
Over from the crank sensor.
Along the frame rail

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you meant you found it connected to the pump. It’s got a white wire and a brown wire. I want to say the connector has blue and red on it. It should be with the egr and evap valve... maybe?

Trigger_guard

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought you meant you found it connected to the pump. It’s got a white wire and a brown wire. I want to say the connector has blue and red on it. It should be with the egr and evap valve... maybe?
Thanx. I found it. It comes off the alternator and loops around the bottom of the engine. I reckon that otta do it. I'll find out in the morning