Vacuum Switch [ delco remy 201]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kutthroat

Reaction score
I'm in the process of taking out the wiring harness from the donor truck it's a 1995 k1500 5.0 auto trans and using it in my 1995 c1500 5.0 manual trans.. since my truck is a non ac I'm hoping this will work but I ran into some differences and I was wondering if anyone could help...the vacuum switch delco remy 201 isn't on my 1995 manual trans is there a reason will I need it for the ac to work? Can anyone explain to me what the purpose of it is? I tried searching it with no luck

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is a "Delco Remy 201"? That's no part number I'm familiar with. Photos? In-focus, nicely-cropped and resized, please.

WHY are you swapping wire harnesses?

Kutthroat

Reaction score
What is a "Delco Remy 201"? That's no part number I'm familiar with. Photos? In-focus, nicely-cropped and resized, please.

WHY are you swapping wire harnesses?
My truck doesn't have ac but it's in mint condition so I'm taking parts of the donor truck so I can have ac

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425_102220_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425_102220_Chrome.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 14

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance that's a canister purge valve? One hose goes to the charcoal canister, the other to manifold vacuum? Electric solenoid to open the valve, which allows fresh air to purge the canister so that the gasoline fumes are removed, ready to hold more gas tank vapors?

Where does the vacuum hose enclosed in the convoluted tubing go to?

Kutthroat

Reaction score
Any chance that's a canister purge valve? One hose goes to the charcoal canister, the other to manifold vacuum? Electric solenoid to open the valve, which allows fresh air to purge the canister so that the gasoline fumes are removed, ready to hold more gas tank vapors?

Where does the vacuum hose enclosed in the convoluted tubing go to?
My question is I guess my non ac truck doesn't have this is there a reason?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question is I guess my non ac truck doesn't have this is there a reason

As others noted, and AFAIK, it's the canister purge valve. If so, it's got nothing to do with the AC, so your "good", there.

Look around on your engine, it might be there but in a different location... I've seen those mounted on either side of the throttle valve. Or, if some prior owner removed it, the bracket upon which it was mounted probably still remains, as (likely) would the mating electrical connector (likely with the blue/red body, as in your picture).

If you're curious, locate the vapor canister on BOTH trucks and follow the hoses. One hose should / would have gone to this valve, wherever it might have been located on your vehicle... engine, firewall, etc.

Last edited: