v6 tbi to v8 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skillz2011

Reaction score
Hi I'm kind of new to the forum, but I've been on here for the past 2 weeks. I'm about to do the v6 tbi to v8 tbi engine swap in 2 weeks so far I have the engine, computer, wiring harness, radiator, fan and fan shroud along with the engine mounts is their anything else I should know or that I missed that I'm going to need to make this a success I know about the exhaust and I already made my appointment I pretty much want to make sure that I have everything to where I can just put it all in and go without having to make as many runs. Any and all info would greatly be appreciated.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Injectors atleast, I think the throttle body is the same (not positive). Other then that sounds like you have everything else, wiring harness should be same from v6 to v8

Last edited:

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the 700r4's are to different specs. I got my second 700r4 out of an astro van and my transmission guy opened it after I cracked my case to swap my parts over. And he said it only had 5 clutches instead of 6. So he replaced them to v8 specs. But. You should be fine if you don't drive it hard. I never thought they were different of if I got an odd transmission that was messed up from the factory. Just incase I thought I'd let you know.