upper control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vehicle in question is 98 Yukon 4dr 4x4. I have the T-bars cranked a little to clear 285/75R16 tires. I took the truck to an alignment shop for alignment and they said the camber is at the max adjustment and its still out. I don't see how that's possible. My bars are not cranked to the max and the upper control arm bolt cams are showing there is plenty of adjustment left. Is it possible I need aftermarket upper control arms to help? I see Skyjacker and Rough Country are the only companies that sell the arms. Are those the only companies that make them besides all the auto parts companies that make direct replacements?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are your knockouts out yet?? Should be plenty of adjustment if you only crank alittle...

sent from what use to be a great country...

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the knockouts are out. the cam on the adjustment bolts on the upper control arm even looks like it has a lot of adjustment left to adjust camber. I am going to get a 2nd opinion from another shop.

dannymcd

Reaction score
you can also get camber offset upper control arm bushings from Rockauto. but just an fyi, the bushing press rentals from the autopart stores are too small. I tried swapping mine out and failed, now I'm looking at buying the whole arm assembly with new bushings and balljoints

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My upper ball joints have a little bit of play on both sides so I ordered new Moog UCA with bushings and ball joints off Amazon. Going to install those before I take it in to another shop for alignment.