Upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 91 k1500 I'm getting ready to put a 6" lift with 35's on it. I plan on swapping the 10 bolt rear end for a 14 boot and putting in 4.56 gears. I was curious as to any other upgrades anyone would recommend while I have it up and tore down?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some sort of traction aid for the 14 bolt will help alot offroad. Not a whole lot to do with the front end other then replacing all worn parts while you have it all tore apart.

If I ever get some extra $$$ I would like to ditch the rear block for a shackle flip and zero rate. Also a U-bolt flip too.

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So should I just try to get a Posi rear end or put in something after market while I have it opened up to swap gears?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would to with an aftermarket option. If you have a open carrier a lunchbox type locker like a lock-rite. I have no complaints about the one oh my 14 bolt. If you are looking o replace the carrier then the Detroit truetrac gets great reviews for daily drivers or locker for more offroad use.
The factory g80 locker is not terrible as the 10 bolt one but not something I would spend my money on for one