Two Tone- No trim

Trim or No Trim

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

66NovaSS

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Hello their, got a 96 ECSB I have been pondering removing the lower trim the only reason why I haven’t is because it is a two-tone truck haven’t been able to find any photos of other trucks not even close examples I just mainly want some opinions as I think if it was a solid color like my White 95 z71 that trim came off 2 day after I bought it.

Aswell saw a photo of the Two-Tone options back in the day anyone have a picture of the flyer they used to show the difference?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Leave the trim, looks like you use it as a knock around truck. It'll save you against digs and minor bruises. I think it looks decent given the two tone anyway.

66NovaSS

Reaction score
Most of the paint damage, was from the previous owner. I’m the second owner of it sat for 15 years, bought it for $450 from his son cause the original owner blew up the 4L60e before he passed away, that truck is my favorite but it’s also my work rig I use when I do motor swaps like the one photo was the day I was going to scrap yard had 3 grenaded small blocks in the back

66NovaSS

Reaction score
But when it’s not dirty and I clean it up like in the photo with my squarebody, man is it a pretty truck, believe it or not a guy came up to when I was at McDonald’s late at night and asked me was it stored inside all it’s life. I told him the story and he said he wouldn’t hesitate to pay 5000 for it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2, leave the body molding on it. I think they all look better with it, especially if the factory chrome wheel arch moldings are still there (which yours are). And like DerekTheGreat said it will protect you from parking lot dents.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In your two tone case, I’d run the body side molding-it ties the fender molding together and ties the front bumper to it.

here’s my truck with currently no molding on it. I plan to put it back on.

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is a two-tone with the molding as well.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I'd keep the molding man. Saves it from dings. If the chrome is looking nasty you can buy new rolls from Amazon

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk