Twist locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I have the 92 - 94 dash and yesterday I pulled my cluster out, cleared the green off of the overlay, and picked up LEDs. I went to GM looking for twist locks and all they sell is the twist lock with the bulb already in it for $16 a piece. I need the twist locks without the bulbs in it so I can put the LEDs in them. Anyone know where I can find them?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
autozone has em they will prob look at ya stupid when you say twist lock though ...at least they did me. look over with the bulb sockets or if you have one close ennough best bet is a junkyard just find one thats 95+ and double check to make sure the bulbs pull out

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
as much as it pains me to say these super bright leds you dont have any parts store near you? they should all sale them

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
My old man found some in his toolbox and that worked perfectly haha. Thanks for the write-up on how to do this Dev, the green tint was terrible. My overlay is at the graphics shop getting Sierra put on it, but as soon as it gets back I'll slap the rest of it together and add some pics.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on 95 the bulbs don't come out either. i got the twist outs from a 85/87 car in the jnk yard (POCKET ITEM) now i just need to get the led's

haggus99

Reaction score
Old post I know but I just ran into the soldered twist locks on my 95 GMC not a problem

1. Remove twist lock from gauge display.

2. Take a flat jeweler screw driver or small pick would probably work as well.

3. Gently pry on the solder joint the wire will break.

4. Remove old bulb

5.take your LED mind came from hyperleds and straighten the 2 wires on the bottom
1 is the anode the other is the cathode.

6. Insert the LED into the twist lock and bend the anode and cathode wires over the sides of the twist lock.

7. Using a small tip soldering iron and some liquid flux very carefully add a quick solder to the anode and cathode wires.

Everything else is the same plug it in test it before you tighten everything up I had to switch 2 of them 180 deg but everything else worked.