TV cable and stuck wide open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So in the last two days I decided to do some tinkering with my throttle body on my bored out TBI 350, and got some bad results in the end:
while taking the TB off i snapped the plastic peice that holds on the TV cable, so i need help installing a new cable

added a 1" TB spacer, put some new gaskets on the throttle body, cleaned it, shaved off the cones (ultimate TBI mods). installed everything ( i believe) turned the key on after i reconnected the battery to get the fuel pump working, started it and automatically it sounded like it was reving way high and it automatically threw a "Service engine soon" :bawl:

I was told vaccum leak, but do you guys have any ideas. any help at all would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
when adding a spacer some people have had to adjust the cables to the tbi unit. Are the throttle plates being held open by a tight cable? If not, then I'd suspect a vacuum leak.

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
installed the TPS wrong, (first time doing it :( )fixed the high idle

had a drive-train place install new cable, drove it home from work didn't shift outta first gear until 35mph!!! turned that baby around and pulled into the same lift and told the guy to fix it we adjusted it to all the way out which got it down to 19 (still about 6-8) higher than i like and it's a real hard shift. any further ideas? such as torque converter?