Turn signal wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is it going to be safer going from over half the tail light lighting up for the signal, to the little 2"x2" reverse light that is more on the side of the light than the rear?

And yes we have the stuff saved. :rofl:

gimmel1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
amber different color than red, i also have a line of fire led strip under the tailgate that has amber turn signals. so how do the thin led lights you people put in roll pans and tailgates sufice as taillights and turn signals. yep ya know what i gave u proof and yall are still to stupid or stubborn to help so thanks

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what man you wanna hack it up go ahead.

The only place your going to find a clean turn signal feed is at the flasher in the fuse box. Make sure you don't get the hazards by mistake. Run that back an splice it into your reverse lights. You will probably also need some diodes to keep it from flashing both of them since you still want to use them as reverse lights.

There ya go, hack away..... :nono:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wikipedia is not proof, anyone can put whatever they want in there an none of what you posted is law.

I already knew that amber/orange is more visible than red/white so thats not news to me....

gimmel1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
bluex dude thats all i was askin the whole time. i wasnt tryin to be rude im really not a rude guy.
Ireally appreciate your help and i apolagise for the rudee comments. im not sleeping as indacated by me typing on here
instead of bein in bed.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to apologize, I don't take anything on the internet seriously.

An those thin led strip lights people replace tail lights with are illegal too if they are not dot approved. I don't l like those either cause they are impossible to see during the day.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
We aren't here to hold your hand. You could easily go down to autozone and buy a haynes manual for $20 that has a bunch of wiring diagrams in it.

As said earlier, the turn signal/brake light uses the same bulb. You're going to have to go under the dash and start splicing wires to get it to work. It would be much easier to if they were separate bulbs.

If you cannot figure out which wires to splice I recommend not trying it.
You must be registered for see images attach

The reverse lights aren't that bright, so not really a problem there. If I was trying this, I would tint/spray the reverse lens amber and put new 55 watt reverse lights under the bumper.

Last edited:

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get it to where that bulb is strictly for the turnsignal and not turn on when you hit the brakes I dont see too terribly much of a problem.

The only problem I see is that its such a small lense, it might be hard to notice.

Also if you dont disable original turns, it will look dumb because you will have a red bulb flashing and an amber one......

Status
Not open for further replies.