Trying to fix my odometer and now I have security light and no rke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1999 suburban k1500 lt and I had a broken odometer. Which I was fine with since depreciation was at a stand still. It was going to void some warranties i wasn't prepared to lose. So I switch the cluster out with my 99 denali parts trucks cluster. I automatically got a solid security light and lost rke and the door locks from the passenger door. I switched out the door lock switch on the passenger door which made that switch work again. Now all the power l
You must be registered for see images attach
ocks work inside the cab. I tried changing the batteries in my key fobs and reprogramming them this is where it lost me. They get recognized by the programming relearn and make the locks and horn cycle again. Then when i go to use them they do absolutely nothing. I took the vats module out of my denali but I wasn't even sure if it was worth swapping out I didn't want to make anything worse. I had a very small leak from my windshield on the drivers side I almost think something could have shorted out I just don't know what it could be. The solid security light means there's something wrong in that system I think. The truck runs and drives fine. Also I eventually put my original cluster back in and just swapped over the odometer and odometer motor from the denali cluster which all works fine. If anyone has a work of advice on how I can go about finding out whats gone bad it would be very appreciated. I checked all fuses they were fine im gonna buy a couple 30a circuit breakers and switch them out being im not sure how to test those. Thanks in advance!!

Reaction score
Something tells me the security light was either burned out (on full time til the bulb went) or removed, on your old cluster. Just a hunch; check it out

Richard[/QUOTwhat would i need to do if thats the case, is it not even worth messing with just pull the bulb? that very well could be that part. But I still can't figure out the rke they register when I re program them but as soon as I pull the jumper they do nothing.