True Dual Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TTS1996

Reaction score
Hey guys. I got a 1996 Sierra xcsb 1500 and i am wanting to put a true dual set up in it. I need some ideas for overcoming the stupid fuel tank being right in the way. I want it to exit out the rear so i can have a full exhaust. any ideas????

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my truck they ran the dr side pipe over to the passenger side. Both mufflers are side by side under the bed mounted vertical. Then they go over the axle an out on each side behind the tire. That's about the easiest way....

TTS1996

Reaction score
Ya well i forgot to state that i already have long tube heards, 30 inches of pipe, and a flowmaster 40 series street/strip on each side. i just wanna continue it straight back all the way to get rid of some cab noise.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Heres a picture showing the mufflers. These are not mine, but mine are setup just like this.

Thanks for the picture Andrew!

TTS1996

Reaction score
I'll have to post some pics when i get them. With LT's its hard to make a gradual bend to get it to the other side. thats the problem

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, didn't know you were running LT's too. You could crossover behind the t-case. There is another member here that did his like that, I can't remember who though....

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Heres a picture showing the mufflers. These are not mine, but mine are setup just like this.

Thanks for the picture Andrew!
Haha, no problem!

Oh ok, didn't know you were running LT's too. You could crossover behind the t-case. There is another member here that did his like that, I can't remember who though....

That's the only way I've seen LT's done on a 4x4. Crossover behind the t-case, both mufflers on the same side like mine, then back across over the axle and out the back

TTS1996

Reaction score
Does anybody have any pics of crossing behind the case? I just want to get some ideas. Cuz who knows. Maybe i want to leave it loud like it is