Truck shaking when on gas sounds like exhaust help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Bump!
It rides fine til 4th gear at 1500rpm it just starts bouncing and it won't let me speed up it just shifts down runs at about 2600rpm then finally shifts and lets me go normal but everytime I'm at 1500rpm in 4th it's bouncing around.
NEED HELP!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
You might not like to hear this... but could it by chance be your rearend or your tranny? When your rearend starts to go there will be a vibrating sound from underneath you-

I just know that you run 315's with 3.42's....

probably not the best thing you have heard, but that's what I'm starting to think from what you described...

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
There's really no sound it's seriously almost like a death wobble. It only does it at like 50 and when I let go of the gas it stops immediately.
I can also feel it when I first put it in gear just kind of rolling back but it's not really noticeable until it hits 50mph

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
There's really no sound it's seriously almost like a death wobble. It only does it at like 50 and when I let go of the gas it stops immediately.
I can also feel it when I first put it in gear just kind of rolling back but it's not really noticeable until it hits 50mph

My dad's K-5 does that... we are putting a new rearend in here shortly. The gears are starting to get sloppy.

As soon as it hits about 50 or so it starts to make this vvvvhmmmm,vhhhmmm sound like a wobbling or vibrating thing from underneath you, but it is hard to pinpoint if it is from the front or the back while you are driving. The rearend was pulled out of a snow-plow and stuck in the K-5, but apparently the last guy really beat it up with the plowing.

Unless you find another, more pleasant solution, I think a 14blt 3.73 / 4.10 might be in order....

Hopefully you find something else wrong, but that is my best bet. Anyone else have suggestions?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
it might be your driveshaft u-joints too, or it might need an allignment and a front bearing is going out...

there are a few other things it might be I suppose, but I'm still leaning towards the axle.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well I can honestly say it seems to be more underneath me. I could tell if it was in the back but it definitely shakes my hood more than tailgate.

If it was my rear end it would be alot more noticeable because it would almost feel like my tailgate was fallin off wouldn't it?

Is there anyway to check my rearend? All I seem to hear sometimes is my exhaust hitting eachother since I put the new tips on and there right next to each other.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Hmm... is it really vibrating THAT hard? As in stuff is rattling your hood? Maybe you should check your engine / tranny mounts and make sure nothing has broken loose. I never thought of that one-

And your exhaust shouldn't be flopping around.... if that's what I think you said...

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well where I cut my exhaust they are almost touching and I just put a new tip on em so when I fire her up in the Morning they are problem a pencil lead piece apart so I think they tap eachother a little.

If it helps my vibration is coming from the seat and noth the steering wheel. I keep hearing things about u joints so I guess that's on my check list for Tomorrow.

Thanks Vortec for the help. Pray for me it's not anything major

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
no prob!

and if your exhaust IS slapping together a whole bunch and they are that close together, you might consider clamping or wiring them together and see if anything changes

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be doing that too Tomorrow haha