Truck runs like junk only when in the throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As is so typical, original poster needs to:

1. Verify fuel pressure
2. Connect a scan tool to look at the data stream
3. Connect a spark tester calibrated for HEI to rule-out a weak ignition coil

A cranking compression test of all eight, and making sure that the spark advances with RPM is also suggested.

Reaction score
I'd check the filter again. Remove it and try blowing through it. Also, how's the ground for the pump? Clean or rusty? Your regulator could have taken a dump as well so watch fuel pressure under load.
So the ground for the pump was something I was having a problem with in the past I ended up eventually sanding down to the bare metal on the frame and recrimped the hoop for the ground wire, I did end up saying screw it and replaced the filter again, when I pulled it out the fuel came out of it black and like tar as if it was varnish, put the new one in and it progressively got better and better, its still having a hiccup every now and then but I'm going to finish driving this tank of fuel, change the filter again and when I fill up ill put a heat additive in it to remove moisture just incase, right now it has about a quarter of a tank left and I put seafoam in it when I had filled it up, so I think I've just been unlucky at the pump lately